- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion (sliced thin)
- 10 pierogi from Sophie’s Choice Pierogi Co. (or preferred vendor)
- 2 lbs smoked sausage from Czuchraj Meats (or preferred vendor) cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 C Edmund Fitzgerald Porter
- 2 C Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold BBQ Sauce
In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add pierogi to pan and sauté until pierogi are browned on both sides and warm in the middle. When pierogi are done set aside, leaving some of the onions in the pan. Add sausage to pan and brown for 4-5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with beer and reduce until half of the liquid is gone. Add BBQ sauce and let it reduce and thicken. Once the sauce has thickened serve on a plate with pierogi.